Starting Salary: $14/hour
Work week: 7:00 a.m. - 5:30p.m. 4 days a week
- Provide General Labor to assist in the Road Department Projects
- Drive CDL Class vehicles to complete daily task
Job Requirements :
- US Citizen
- Must have up to date medical card
- Possess Class B CDL driver's license
- Good driving record
- Ability to lift 60lbs.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Starting Salary: $10.00/hr
Work week: Monday - Thursday 7:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Ability to operate equipment for mowing the grounds;
- Ability to perform manual labor;
- Ability to lift 60lbs. frequently; and
- all other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements :
- Legally able to work in the United States;
- Driver's License;
- High School Graduate; and
- Good driving record.
This is a time-limited position. Applications will close on March 31, 2020 at 11:59pm EST.
Starting Salary: $16.41 / hr
Position Summary: The Emergency Operations Center (EOC) Technician 1 will work in the Madison County Emergency Operations Center while receiving significant supervision from the EOC Operations Lead. This position is responsible for mission critical communications, information processing, public notification and performance of assigned tasks. To provide 24/7 coverage, personnel will work alternating shifts to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
This position is not responsible for supervising other EMA/CSEPP positions. This position reports to the CSEPP Operations Director/EMA Deputy Director.
The duties and responsibilities outlined in this Job Description are not intended to be an exhaustive list. These duties and responsibilities are examples and are not to be construed as limiting the appointing authority’s ability to assign, or otherwise alter the duties and responsibilities of the position. The EOC Technician 1 may be required to perform the responsibilities and duties described in higher classifications (EOC Technician 2 and/or EOC Technician) as well as other duties assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Training: Applicants for EOC Technician must have a strong background in all Microsoft Office products and experience in a networked computer environment. This position also requires strong writing, communications, and interpersonal skills. A background in and/or knowledge of Emergency Management, the Chemical Stockpile Emergency Preparedness Program (CSEPP), and/or the Incident Command System (ICS) is preferred but not required. Applicants must be detailed-oriented and able to work in a team oriented environment.
Associate’s degree or higher;
High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) and two (2) years of experience in emergency management or public safety;
Equivalent experience. Equivalent experience means any job-related experience or training that will provide the candidate the necessary knowledge, skill, and abilities to perform the job.
- Ability to function in the EOC with significant supervision.
- Ability to utilize all communication devices within the EOC and exchange information with internal and external partners.
- Ability to utilize the alert and warning devices with some supervision.
- Ability to test and validate operational readiness.
- Ability to input, update and track significant events.
- Is familiar and with understands agency policies and procedures.
Work Hours: This position typically works 37.5-hours per week. To provide 24/7 coverage, personnel will work alternating shifts to include nights, weekends, and holidays. Position is also subject to emergency call back status when the Emergency Operations Center is activated for emergencies.
Physical Demands: Work is performed primarily in an office setting. Position frequently operates a computer and other office equipment and needs to regularly move around the office to access office equipment, file cabinets, to communicate with other employees, etc.
Travel: Occasional travel may be required.
Additional Requirements: Upon appointment, employee(s) in this position will be required to maintain a valid Kentucky driver’s license for the length of employment so that the employee(s) may drive licensed vehicles provided by the employer when needed. Applicants and employees in this job title will be required to submit to a drug screening and background check.
Deadline to apply is Wednesday, April 21, 2021 at 11:59 (ET).
Starting Salary: $11.00/hour
Position Summary: Responsible for enforcement of Kentucky Revised Statute and Regulations, the Madison County Animal Control Ordinance, Interlocal Agreements, and Standard Operating Procedures. Respond to calls regarding canines and felines when dispatched. The Animal Control Officer shall be on call for after hour emergencies and weekend feedings. When not on a call or handling a euthanasia case, the Animal Control Officer shall assist, at the direction of the Kennel Technician, with duties and responsibilities involving animal and shelter care.
Work is performed under the general supervision of the director. This is heavy to light work that requires physical effort; running, bending over, climbing, picking up animals will be done frequently; position requires visual acuity for preparing, reviewing and enforcing Animal Control Laws; requires hearing sufficient to accurately perceive information at normal spoken word levels, the ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word and manual dexterity to operate standard office.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responding to animal control calls that are addressed in animal control laws and policies, keeping accurate records of those enforcements and paperwork.
- Assisting with daily operations of the shelter in relation to kenneling and cleaning for animals that are housed at the shelter.
- When needed, oversee, transport or assist halfway house or correctional facility workers being sure to follow regulations and attend training established by corrections.
- Assisting with the transport of the animal trailer in situations of emergencies and/or training and public events.
- Assist with upfront duties of the Madison County Animal Shelter when needed or directed by the Director.
- Maintain open dialogue with the director and communicate departmental status on a regular basis.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Thorough knowledge of animal control law and standard operating procedures of the shelter; standard office practices, procedures and clerical techniques; ability to transcribe dictation with speed and accuracy; thorough knowledge of business English and grammar; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the general public; ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions; ability to file alphabetically; ability to multitask; and skill in the use of word and data process equipment.
Education and Experience: Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school.
Must live in Madison County for after hours on call duties.
Possession of an appropriate driver’s license valid in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
Be of age 21 and resident of Madison County for 2 years.
Must comply with state mandated Continuing Education (CE) Courses
Euthanasia Certification (Optional)
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Deadline to apply is Friday, April 30, 2021 at 11:59 PM (ET).
Deputy Jailer- Full Time
Starting Salary: $11.00 / hr
Work Hours: This position typically works a regular 40-hour workweek plus some scheduled overtime. This position works twelve-hour shifts. This position has a rotating schedule and is organized by shift work. Position is subject to emergency call back status when an Executive Order is declared or if a facility emergency has occurred.
Position Summary: This position is responsible for providing a safe and secure environment to maintain and lodge all inmates remaining in the Detention Center. This position requires the capability of making sound, independent and immediate life or death decisions as they are warranted. This position shall be able to be physically capable of defending themselves, fellow employees, inmates and the community at large, at all times. This position serves as a peace office of the Commonwealth of Kentucky for Madison County, with all the rights, privileges and duties assigned by law.
Essential Duties - including but not limited to:
- Enforces all rules and regulations for the Detention Center;
- Assists other law enforcement agencies as requested and/or directed in a professional manner;
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and work under extreme stress;
- Communicates effectively and professionally with inmates, staff and other agencies;
- Maintains a safe and secure facility; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge: Individual must be able to effectively communicate. Individual must be able to problem solve and make correct command decisions. Individual must have the ability to work with outside government and law enforcement agencies in a manner that represents the Detention Center and County Government in a positive manner. A background in and/or knowledge of correctional facility functionality is preferred.
Skills: This position requires strong communication. Individual must be detailed oriented, organized and willing to work in a team-oriented environment. Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information is required. This position must be able to maintain professionalism and calmness in all situations of extreme pressure and stress.
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or equivalent, 21 years or older.
Additional Requirements: Valid Driver’s License. Legally able to work within the United States.
General Physical Requirements (Based on average workday essential functions): Medium-Duty: May be required to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. On a more regular basis, the worker may be required to constantly exert up to 10 pounds of force to move objects.
This will be posted and reviewed on a rolling basis.