The Madison County Animal Shelter accepts both monetary donations and donations of supplies. Any type of cleaning or disinfecting supplies are extremely useful as well as any canine or feline related care product. Adult canine and feline foods are always welcomed, as are puppy and kitten food varieties and treats.
1. Donate Online: Use our online system to make a monetary donation or purchase a Madison County Animal Shelter Shirt.
2. Donate pet supplies: We are always in need of pet and cleaning supplies. Although we don't have a wishlist, some handy donations would include:
- Pet toys
- Water and food bowls
- Leashes and collars
- Dog/cat food
- Blankets and towels
- Brushes and grooming tools
3. Donate household items: Pet supplies aren't the only supplies the shelter needs. Some other things that might come in handy for our shelter include:
- Clorox bleach
- Paper towels
- Office supplies
- Hand sanitizer
4. Adopt a Pet: Our shelter animals are looking for their forever home! If you are interested in adopting a new furry friend, please view our adoptable pets page or contact our animal shelter at (859) 624-4744.
Spread the word about Spay/Neuter:
Help prevent the suffering of thousands of unwanted animals by spreading the word about spay/neuter. Shelters around the world are literally overflowing with homeless companion animals. More than 10 million adoptable companion animals are euthanized in shelters across the nation every year because of the pet-overpopulation crisis. Puppy mills (factory-like breeding facilities), "backyard" breeders, and accidental litters all contribute to this tragedy by bringing more animals into the world when there are not enough homes.
Altering (spaying and neutering) animals is the single most important step you can take to help combat animal overpopulation. Altering also provides health and behavioral benefits to animals!
On behalf of the Madison County Animal Shelter staff and all of the FUR babies here, we thank you in advance for thinking and caring about us with your donations. They are GREATLY appreciated!