learning g4c73d871d 1920

Notice of Animal Shelter Data Breach

Nov 19, 2021
Madison County Animal Shelter Notice of Data Breach On October 27, 2021, we learned that an inmate at the Madison County jail escaped from a work detail, broke into the Madison County…

Licensing and Permits



Business License

A Madison County Business License is required for any entity operating a business in the unincorporated areas of Madison County.

Occupational Tax 

A Madison County Occupational Tax Account is needed if you are conducting business anywhere in Madison County that is NOT located inside the city limits of Richmond or Berea.


Building Permit Applications

The Commonwealth of Kentucky has adopted building, electrical and mechanical codes that pertain to residential and commercial buildings. These codes require permits for the construction, alteration, movement, enlargement, replacement, repair, equipment, use and occupancy, location, removal and demolition of all types of buildings and structures, except certain agricultural buildings located on qualified farms. 




Zoning Applications

This includes Minor Subdivision Plats, Development Plan, Preliminary Plat, Final Plan, Land Use Map Amendment, Board of Adjustments Packet, and Cell Tower Applications


Dog Licenses

Dog licenses are required by County Ordinance and are used as proof of ownership. A copy of the serial number as well as the name, address, and phone number of the owner is retained by the Madison County Animal Shelter. Not only can animal control officers easily contact the owner of impounded canines so they can be reclaimed, but private citizens who find dogs with a license on their collar can call the Madison County Animal Shelter for help finding the owner to avoid impounding the dog and the associated fees.




Can't find what you are looking for?

Connect with us

joomla vector social icons

Translate our site